Sunday, September 13, 2015

When did this happen

When did our childhood get packed away

When did they omit crayons from the school supply lists

& when did we stop pronouncing it CRAN

When did we stop wearing layers of our favorite clothes because we couldn't pick

When did we stop laughing at anything we thought a little funny

& when did we stop climbing trees

When did the cracks in the sidewalk stop breaking our mommas backs

& start breaking their hearts

When did we graduate from sidewalk chalk

& when did we get this close to actual graduation

When did we start breaking our own hearts

& when will it stop

4 comments:

  1. you are so amazing you have such a way with words it kills me. i want to write like you. i could read your blog all day. serioulsy you are amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is good. I like this "when did we start breaking our own hearts and when will it stop"

    ReplyDelete
  3. "When did the cracks in the sidewalk stop breaking our mommas backs & start breaking their hearts"

    WOAH. I'm actually breathless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This already got quoted but I gotta quote it again

    "When did the cracks in the sidewalk stop breaking our mommas backs

    & start breaking their hearts"

    I have so much late HW but you keep holding my attention, is it cool if I blame a couple C's on you?

    Cool thanks you're insane and I'm so happy I got to see all these

    ReplyDelete