Thursday, September 24, 2015

still breathing

i know i'm human because my mom told me so.

but if that's not enough for you here's some more:

i know i'm human because i've hurt someone
over & over again
& they kept coming back
& i still can't figure out why

i know i'm human because i love spaghetti
& ice cream. 

i know i'm human because i get car sick
& home sick
& love sick
& sick sick

i know im human because i'm allergic to cats
& september 
& rude people

i know i'm human because i cry
all the time
happy tears
& sad tears 
& "i'm fine" tears
(except i'm almost never fine)
& my trash can is full of tears in used tissues

i know i'm human because i spoil my dog
& i get emotional thinking about her dying
then again i get emotional over a lot of things
that's another reason

i know i'm human because i have regrets

i know i'm human because i get quiet when i'm mad
really quiet

i know i'm human because I eat cheerios for dinner & nothing for breakfast

i know i'm human because i love to feel
& read
& laugh
& talk
& cry

i know i'm human because i drive with the windows down
& i drive with my knees more than my left hand
cause it has to be out the window

i know i'm human because i get confused
& i twist words in my head
& hate when other humans do the same

i guess you could call me a hypocrite.

ok, i know i'm human because i'm a hypocrite.

i know i'm human because i get things right
but mostly wrong
& i try to be better...
but mostly wrong.

i know i'm human because i find it hard to breathe way too often to be a robot

i know i'm human because 

i'm

still

breathing

12 comments:

  1. I love every word of this

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminded me why I'm human too because sometimes I forget. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my ggoooodnnesss. It's walking dead all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The part about finding it hard to breathe. And the opening line. Yes, the opening line.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked so many little parts of this.

    Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this flowed so well thoooo.
    the part about being allergic to cats and september!? I FEEL U. and the part about getting emotional made me smile cuz zupas:') and also the part about driving with the windows down and ur left hand out the window... i miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is amazing. love sick and home sick and sick sick.
    absolutely love this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i honestly get so excited when your name comes up on the creative writing "writers" tab because your blog is like home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Awww"

      Thank you so much. Coming from you this means a lot!

      Delete
  9. ahhhhhhhhh you are amazing. so much soul and feeling

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really really really love you

    Also "ok, i know i'm human because i'm a hypocrite."
    Was killer

    And "& i drive with my knees more than my left hand
    cause it has to be out the window" is one of those little lines that I just can't get over

    ReplyDelete