Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Dear [Adeline]

You're mistaken.
You keep thinking that I'm broken.
You write about those nights last January
those nights listening to those voice recordings.
You write about when he came home early.
& when you came too late.
You write about the forecast for the rest of her life
& that evening when you swear I was shattered
           & glistening on the floor of this rib cage.

but you're wrong.

You were wrong when you thought pieces of me were slipping
slipping through your tear ducts & into your shaking fingers.
You were wrong when you realized that rocking back & forth
back & forth
was helping.
When really you were giving me a headache
& when I get a headache,
you feel the heartache
& and we're both spiraling through time and heartbreak and

you were wrong.

And I know you'll never believe me
because you'll never see me
& you'll never see,
you'll never see that 

i am whole.

So go on thinking.
Go on feeling.
& go on writing as if I'm
broken
but you'll know,
you'll know that

You
Are
Almost
Always
Wrong.



still here,
still whole,
Your Heart.



Just be.  My-Handwriting.com  View more of My Handwriting here Shop My Handwriting here © Candace Peoples 2014: Im thunking about using this photo for my visual aid/ attention getter. I would describe the photo and say"don't you feel good now!" and put up the photo and continue with my speech on how i love nature:

7 comments:

  1. I can't say how much I love this. Fantastic writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adeline may have been wrong, but this post was so right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful.

    "So go on thinking
    go on feeling

    and go on writing broken
    but you'll know,
    You'll know that

    You
    Are
    Almost
    Always
    Wrong"

    Unnh #stolen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry my phone really screwed that quoting up but you know what I mean

      Delete
  4. This was so beautiful. Agh, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "You were wrong when you thought pieces of me were slipping
    slipping through your tear ducts & into your shaking fingers."

    Beautiful

    ReplyDelete