Sunday, January 10, 2016

i was born on the sixth.

I was born on the sixth.
and I'm often found in my room

I've never been fond of growing up
and I'm afraid that everyone will leave.

I work at Hobby Lobby
and I'm terrible at goodbyes.

I cry too often to be taken seriously

I'm self-conscious of my weight
and really good at comparisons.

I love the smell of rain
and the way the sky seems to be painted just for me;
that kind of constant change that takes your breath away.

I love to drive with my arm out the window
and I sing at the top of lungs
                        but only when I'm alone.

I've never been in love
but have somehow fallen out of it more than once.

I'm often unsure of what to do
and I wish I wouldn't let people hurt me in the way they do.

My lungs rarely fill to capacity
and I run out of breath far too often.



Hi.
My name is paige.

I never learned to whistle.

I love the sound of my grandmother's voice
so I call her just to talk.

If you see me without my water bottle
I'm probably thirsty
           and not in the way teenagers in general are thirsty
but genuinely thirsty.

I hate the sound of ticking clocks
and I hope one day I'll come to terms
with time.

but I don't see that happening
so I roll with the punches
and let them catch up with me late at night.

If my husband dies before me I'll already be dead.

My name is paige.
and I was born on the sixth.

4 comments:

  1. If you see me without my water bottle
    I'm probably thirsty
    and not in the way teenagers in general are thirsty
    but genuinely thirsty.
    This^^^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I'm going to miss blog friendship, and looking forward to reading you every week.

    This is so good. With the born on the sixth repetition, the way every line can give me feeling and make me think, just awesome writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you and twenty minutes before a basketball game wasn't enough

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is amazing. and you did such a great job sharing it today.

    such a fan. :)

    ReplyDelete